MediCat is a software suite that allows analyze and troubleshoot your computer. Thanks to MediCat’s diagnostic and troubleshooting tools, you can intervene on the hard drive / SSD, memory modules, operating system (Windows, Linux), user accounts, etc.
Crab helped you? Help him back by disabling your ad blocker!
If your computer can no longer boot from the operating system, MediCat is undoubtedly the best solution for performing a quick and efficient troubleshooting in order to target the problems and correct them to find a functioning computer.
But MediCat does not stop there: data backup and recovery tools, « Live » operating systems, antivirus … and more!
In this tutorial, we will see how to install MediCat on a USB key in order to create a rescue and rescue USB key to be used in case of a problem.
MediCat comes in the form of a disk image write to a USB key to create a « Live » troubleshooting USB key to launch when the computer starts.
This disk image contains all the software that will help you analyze and repair a computer.
MediCat is an alternative to Hiren’s BootCD and Ultimate Boot CD which are also troubleshooting and diagnostic CDs / USB sticks.
MediCat is available:
- a software antivirus : Malwarebytes
- software backup and of data recovery : AOMEI Backupper, Acronis True Image, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, EaseUS Todo Backup, Elcomsoft System Recovery, Macrium Reflect, MiniTool Power Data Recovery, O&O BlueCon, Symantec Ghost
- tools for repair boot a computer: Boot Repair Disk, Super GRUB2
- of Operating systems in «Live» mode: [email protected] Boot Disk, Lubuntu, Mini Windows 10
- tools diagnostic : HDAT2, SpinRite, Ultimate Boot CD, EasyUEFI Enterprise, MemTest86.
- software disk partitioning : Darik’s Boot and Nuke (DBAN), AOMEI Partition Assistant, DiskGenius, EaseUS Partition Master, MiniTool Partition Wizard, NIUBI Partition Editor, Parted Magic
- tools for Reset password a user account: PCUnlocker, Reset Windows Password
Here are some of the features of MediCat:
- A project that is always active, monitored and updated regularly
- 100% free
- Free from viruses, malware or any type of malicious code
- Customizable, you can modify ISO and menus as you see fit
- Support for UEFI and Legacy BIOS (CSM)
Until version 19.10, MediCat was available in a version called « Medicat with Mini Windows 10 ».
MediCat 19.10 was a Windows 10-based « Live » operating system on which portable troubleshooting applications (PortableApps) were installed.
The size of « MediCat with Mini Windows 10 » was only 7,14 Go which allowed it to be installed on most USB keys on the market.
MediCat 19.10 is no longer available for download, but your servant makes it available on this page:
Download MediCat USB with Mini Windows 10 19.10
In version 20, MediCat has been deeply overhauled and is now based on Ventoy, a utility that allows you to run ISO images directly without extraction.
No more portable applications, MediCat is now Ventoy + ISO images containing troubleshooting tools.
MediCat 20 is much more flexible and customizable: you can add, modify and delete ISO of the software that interests you.
The downside is its size: about 22 Go !
A USB key of at least 32 GB is therefore necessary in order to install MediCat. If you do not have one, I recommend the SanDisk Ultra USB key which is efficient and offered at a low price.
To create a USB key with MediCat 20, you will need:
- Have a USB key of at least 32 GB
- Download MediCat via Google Drive, MEGA or BitTorrent (recommended)
- Use the imageUSB software to write the medicat.img file on the USB key and create the MediCat USB key
To find out more, go on!
(thanks for the clip )
Create a Medicat troubleshooting USB key
To create a MediCat rescue and rescue USB key, follow these instructions:
- Download MediCat 20 via Google Drive, MEGA or BitTorrent. I recommend that you download MediCat via torrent, which is more convenient and faster.
- Wait while MediCat 20 downloads.
- When the download is complete, open the destination folder. You will find the MediCat image (medicat.20.xx.img), changelog, hashes and imageUSB software.
If you have downloaded MediCat from Google Drive or MEGA, you will find an archive divided into several parts: medicat.20.xx.7z.001, medicat.20.xx.7z.002, […]
In this case, download and install 7-Zip then right click on the file medicat.20.xx.7z.001> 7-Zip> Extract here to get the file medicat.20.xx.img.
- Check the integrity and fingerprint of the medicat.20.xx.img file to be sure that it is not corrupt. The fingerprints are available in the Hashes folder.
- Run the software imageUSB located in the INSTRUCTIONS> ImageUSB folder.
- In imageUSB, check your USB key (Step 1) and select Write image to USB drive (Step 2).
- Click on Browse to select the medicat.20.xx.bin file (Step 3).
- Click on the button Write then twice on Yes to start the creation of the MediCat USB key.
- Patent during the creation of the Medicat USB key.
- Once the Medicat USB key has been created, proceed to the next step.
(thanks for the clip )
Use the MediCat troubleshooting USB key
Have you created your MediCat USB key? Perfect !
To use it, it’s very simple:
- Restart your computer, open it start menu (boot menu) then boot from the Medicat USB key.
If you need help, follow these tutorials:
Start your PC from a USB key or CD / DVD List of keys to access the BIOS / UEFI (Acer, Asus, Dell, Lenovo, HP…)
- The MediCat start menu will appear: all you have to do is run the diagnostic or troubleshooting tool that interests you.
- For example, you can start PC Unlocker in « Password Removal » to Reset password a Windows user account.
✓ Congratulations! You have created a rescue and rescue USB key with MediCat. 👍