You have installed FreeMCBoot (FMCB) on your PS2 memory card as well as the Open PS2 Loader (OPL) application which allows you to play your games directly from the hard drive of the PlayStation 2.
Now you want copy your games to the PS2 hard drive in order to read your games from the hard drive and enjoy unparalleled comfort compared to reading via CD / DVD.
In this tutorial, we will see how to copy your games to the hard drive of the PlayStation 2 via Windows using WinHIIP software.
- WinHIIP software (Windows HDL Image Installation Program)
- A hard drive of 2 TB maximum formatted in PFS:
- PATA / IDE (for Sony network adapter)
- SATA (for GameStar Network Adapter or Sony Network Adapter with PATA / IDE to SATA Upgrade Kit)
- An IDE / SATA to USB adapter
Copy your games to the PS2 hard drive via Windows
For copy your games to the PS2 hard drive via Windows, follow these instructions:
- Connect the hard drive to the IDE / SATA to USB adapter.
- Connect the adapter to a USB port on your PC.
- Run WinHIIP.exe as’administrator.
- Click on Select Drive and select the PS2 hard drive.
- Make sure the PS2 hard drive is selected.
- Click the Add Images button> Image Files.
- Select your PS2 games in ISO format.
- The list of PS2 games you have added appear. Click on the button Start to start copying games to the PS2 hard drive.
- For each PS2 game, you can choose the name that will appear in the menu, the type of media (CD or DVD) as well as the compatibility modes (see OPL Game Compatibility List).
- Wait while the games are copied to the hard drive.
- Here you are, your games have been copied to the hard drive of the PS2!
- You can add, edit or delete games on the PS2 hard drive at any time from the WinHIIP interface.
✓ Congratulations! You have copied your games to the hard drive of the PS2 with Windows and WinHIIP. 👍
All you have to do is reconnect the hard drive to the network adapter and the network adapter to the back of the PS2.
Then turn on your PS2 which starts on FMCB then launch Open PS2 Loader (OPL) to play your PS2 games directly from the hard drive!
To know how to play a PS2 game from hard drive with Open PS2 Loader, follow this guide:
PS2: Play PS2 Games from Internal Hard Drive
- PS2: Play PS2 games from a network (SMB) with OPL
- PS2: Play PS2 games from a USB key with OPL
- PS2: Rip a PS2 game via the console’s CD / DVD drive with HDLGameInstaller
- PS2: install FreeMCBoot on a Fat PS2 with FreeHDBoot
- PS2: install FreeMCBoot on a PS2 Slim with FunTuna & FreeDVDBoot